These days, some tennis players like wearing sunglasses during a game simply because of fashion. There are others, however, who really seek the functionality of these glasses depending on the venue and circumstances. Whatever your reason is for wearing sunglasses or wanting to when you are engaging in this sport, you have to be aware of its pros and cons first so that you know what you are getting into. This is because there have been word about the possible harm that doing so can bring about if you are on the court. For some players, wearing sunglasses also gets in the way.
Pros and Cons of Wearing Sunglasses
Here are some of the advantages of wearing sunglasses when you are playing tennis:
- It can protect your eyes from dust and other particles, especially if you are playing outdoors. It can also provide protection against the sunlight. Several doctors really suggest wearing these sunglasses to avoid eye injury when involved in sports.
- If you are out in the sun, it is good to wear sunglasses to avoid the glare and be able to see your opponent clearly as well as not miss the ball when you look up to hit it.
- It can be a nice accessory to accentuate the rest of your outfit. There are plenty of fashionable sunglasses nowadays that will make you look awesome on the court.
On the other hand, there are also risks that you will have to take if you opt to wear sunglasses during a game. Here are the disadvantages attached to it:
- The sunglasses may tend to jostle while you are moving, and will certainly get in the way of your concentration and moves. Hence, you may choose to add secure straps to the sunglasses.
- Your sweat may fog up the glasses or get trapped in your eyes instead of sliding down your face. This can hinder your clear eyesight and also be a cause for irritation. You should go for anti-fog sprays or solutions for glasses in case you really need or want to wear them.
- The sunglasses may suddenly fall off during the game. This can be a nuisance to your movements and may even cause you to trip or get harmed in the process.
Top Picks for Sunglasses
Having reviewed the pros and cons of tennis sunglasses, it is now up to you to decide whether you want to wear them on the court or not. If you feel comfy wearing them and are used to the feeling, perhaps it will not be bothersome. Just be sure to take the necessary precautions such as ensuring that they will not move or fall off while you are making those winning jumps and hits.
Here are our top picks for tennis sunglasses that you can choose from:
For women, these sunglasses belong to the trendiest that can be worn on and off the court. They are oozing with style and yet are also designed for functionality. The frame is actually designed to increase vision while preventing fogging. The lenses are also anti-scratch and the flexible temples are made to be non-slip. Certainly, these tennis sunglasses are great for players.
Nike - Show-X1 - $205
For male players, these tennis sunglasses are a winner. The striking design and colors are sure to land you on the list of most stylish tennis players. The Nike Max Optics features of this pair also ensures you of maximum visual precision and crisp clarity. There are also interchangeable lenses available for you to adjust to different lighting conditions. What's more, secure-warp temples allow for a tight but comfortable non-slip fit.
Bolle Draft (CompetiVision Gun + TNS, Shiny Black) - $133.95
This pair of sunglasses is unisex and is perfect for playing tennis because its blue lens are specially engineered to highlight just the color of the ball while you are playing. It is also lightweight and scratch-resistant, and comes with 100% UV protection. These are also simple yet stylish tennis sunglasses that can go wonderfully with any outfit you wish to wear while playing the sport.