Some general tips for nutrition and diet for athletes, and same will apply for people who want to lose weight. This will NOT apply to weight lifters and those who want to gain mass and muscle.
- Always eat twice as much fruits and vegetables than any meat
- Eat twice as much chicken and fish and pork than red meat
- Red meat is still needed in your diet, but make sure it is mostly lean and in small portions
- Try to have 5-6 meals per day, in 2-3 hour intervals... this makes up a good breakfast, then a snack, then lunch, then snack, and then dinner and/or supper
- Never go more than 3-4 hours without eating, ever, even if it is just a croissant or health bar
- Drink plenty of fluids whether it is water or juice
- If it is jiuce then make sure it is diet or water it down at least 30%, too much sugar in juice will be detrimental
- Eat your biggest meals after a good workout, when your metabolism is at its peak
- Never workout less than 1.5 hours after eating a regular meal, and 30 minutes after eating a snack, unless it is a small fruit or part of a bar.
- Check your weight and fat % (need a fat % weight scale) to make sure you are steady and not fluctuating too much
- The younger you are, the more protein you will need because your bones are still growing as well as other body parts. Add more portions of low fat milk, dairy products, and other sources od lean protein. Egg whites are the most perfect forms of protein for the human body.
Tips are taken from answerway.com given by Tennis Expert Dathaeus